Monday 6 October 2008

Made me laugh on a bleak Monday morning-

I googled 'ICSL' and 'FRU' and my own blog came up as the third link - not what I was expecting! And yes, I realise I clearly haven't honed my research skills, but google is always worth a click or two to see what you find.

I'm applying, as you may have gathered, for the FRU option at ICSL/City Law School. I have to demonstrate why I should be on the course, and what I bring to the course. Not quite sure! Mad skilz, clearly.

To be honest, I intend to do FRU whether I get on the course or not (24 places only), and so being on the course will just enable me to do more FRU work than my schedule would allow otherwise. Not sure if that's something I should mention that bluntly.

Things seem pretty quiet on the blog front, which is hardly surprising as the weather gets colder, and wetter and everyone harbours a partial desire to bed down and hibernate for the winter! Not much going on at this end either, just getting to know my group, and getting on with the course. I don't think I've managed to impress anyone yet, with my stunning advocacy which involved my getting up there, saying 'errrrrr' for a long time and then freezing stock still. Better luck this week, ay!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel

Blogging IS quiet - the loss of Minx and Android finishing the course has left a serious void with nothing to replace yet. Have high hopes for Swizz and Barmaid and their BVC chat once they are into the course more.

Very exciting re: FRU. I am getting my first case after this week. I qualified in the summer but there has been a backlog. I am very excited. Have you done any cases yourself yet?

Mel said...

Ooh, Ginge, that is exciting. No, I haven't done any yet - I have to do a test before I can take one on. Should have one by Xmas, can't wait!

Barmaid said...

Just had my first 'go' at advocacy. Mmm, think I need to practise quite a lot more!

Lost said...

FRU oohh.. I wanna do it, though I've just got a job as an adviser in an LAC so FRU may have to wait till masters...

I h ope the BVC isnt too depressing!

Mel said...

Barmaid, me too! I umm and I err, I lead when I shouldn't and generally I'm a million miles away from being the polished, persuasive advocate that I wish to become!

Lost, the BVC isn't too bad- I just wish it wasn't going to take up a whole year, or the whole of my week! Haven't found a job yet, as my timetable is quite varied. The tutors are very nice though :)

I'm sure the LAC work will be very interesting - but do come to the FRU when you have time! There's nothing to stop you qualifying now, and taking on a case when you have the time.

Disheartened Law Student said...

Mel which group are you in at City Law School?

Disheartened Law Student said...

Thats fine Mel! Yeah im enjoying the bvc apart from the work load lol